Wednesday, January 27

squatters

I probably shouldn’t post this right after the last one, but this is ridiculous.

Monday morning I am walking to work through the Marriott Center walkways and discovered 3 squatters hunkered down in the snow.

On Tuesday, there were 5.

By this morning, there were more than 10-11, bleeding down the walkway and choking the pass I needed to cross over in order to get to work!

Isn’t the city going to do something about these miscreants abusing public walking space with their double-wide-3-bedroom-suite-tents and their 2 mile long extension cords in order to power their space heaters and gameboys?? (I say, if someone is going to be foolhardy enough to CHOOSE to live in a tent in the middle of a utah January, in my walking space, they should have their toes frozen off and be bored out of their minds, just like in olden days.)

To add insult to injury, most of these unlawful residents sport the white-and-blue banner of my university, while preventing me from going and performing my DUTIES to that university! Not to mention the silent, self-righteous taunt those waving ensigns are shouting – their claim that somehow, by living a week on an air-mattress without a bathroom and smelling like wet garbage, their BYU loyalty runs deeper.

I’m loyal – let me get by and get to work and I’ll PROVE IT!

Actions speak louder than banners, game-squatters.

3 comments:

Lance Fry said...

Gameboys are so 1990's! Besides, they were always battery powered. :-)

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

Unplug the cords!!

emily said...

i stand corrected - their Xboxes, then? :)

and yes, i've seriously considered it!