Thursday, July 15

all i want for christmas...


is a pet rock named lester.

he must be heavy and portable.
i will tuck him away and carry him everywhere and tell him everything
and he will still be a rock.
he won't die of being over-watered or under-sunned like my desk plant.
he won't dart out into the street and refuse to come back to the house like a certain puppy i know.
he won't bite, he won't change, he won't need to go out
he won't wilt, he won't whine, he won't eat my shoes
he won't break, he won't collapse, and he'll never be unhappy to see me!
i will carry him everywhere
and he will still be a rock.
...its 2 am. goodnight.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Dear Emily. You are my sister and I love you. Sometimes when I think of you I just laugh cause you're funny and your funniness transcends time and space. Yes. You're THAT funny! :)