Thursday, July 3

this morning


this morning i thought i saw the sun rise in the west

my vision is blurred and i know i need my rest,

but i just want to stay here

and think a while...

cause every time you smile,

you make me weak -

you make me weak.


how can your broken love make me feel so whole

and leave me bleedin here inside, so still and cold?

well, i can't figure out if i should

run or stay...

cause i just can't take the way

you make me feel -

you make me feel.


and i know that you are far from me

and far from what i knew.

and i know that there was never much

that i could say or do,

and i know that there was never hope except

when i believed in me...and you...


this morning i thought i saw my future in your eyes...

but you just smiled...

...and walked away.



this song was my first attempt at composing -and, you know, it was a really cool experience! :) there's nothing like putting your thoughts and wonderings to music!

i don't remember all the details, but i do recall it involved being really sleep-deprived and trying to figure out the whole 'unrequited love' thing - how is it that we can care so much about someone who doesn't care for us back? what do you do when you want to keep caring but you know its really time to let it go? ...i suppose this is mostly a dilema for those of us who are blue at heart - according to Dr. Taylor Hartman - frusteratingly loyal to the death (even to those who often don't even notice or deserve it). ;)

this song was originally written before my mission without lyrics over the bridge, and remained unfinished until 4-5 months ago when Michelle convinced me to try. finishing this piece was the real begining of my song-writing fiesta, and it wouldnt have happened without her encouragement. :) i love this song - it is one of my favorites.

2 comments:

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

I love these lyrics, and I have totally been there once or twice (or maybe a lot more than that) before. You are so talented!! Me and my blue heart are pining for you. :) I also love that I can now add you to my ever growing list of blogs. I am a blog addict! I plan on finding a rehab center soon, but until then, welcome to my blog stalker routine!

emily said...

:D of all the blog-stalkers in the world, i'd LOVE to have you! :D