Wednesday, July 2

my reason for this blog...

seja bem-vinda!

so, i have never been one to blog or even to follow them (with a few specific exceptions).
that said, i feel i need to explain what im doing here (other than taking up more technological space in the online universe). ;)

about 4-5 months ago, my roommate Michelle (my guitar goddess, muse, and inspiration!) got me writing guitar music again for the first time since my completely-unknown-one-hit-unfinished-wonder of a song that i wrote before my mission (aka: This Morning). since then, i have had a lot of fun putting together songs from other ideas i've either had in-que for a while or that have come up spontaneously. as a result, a good friend of mine later offered to let me record my music for free in his studio at the end of the summer!

however, all that still does NOT explain why im begining a blog.

that is actually something we can all thank my sister Angie for. :) being far away in CA, she has not yet heard any of my music nor does she ever get the chance to hear the stories behind them (some of which are pretty cool, if i do say so myself). she suggested i start a blog where i could archive and share all that info with the world (though, specifically, with her ;) lol).

i deliberated quite a while before i decided i would try it. even if im not a blogger, most awesome bands these days have their own site - i figure should have one too. ;)

...and thus the blog i never thought i would ever even think to create came to be. :)

enjoy my music, my inspiration, and me

- emi-jo

2 comments:

angela said...

I'm so excited! You'll have to figure out how to post clips of your songs on here once you record them, so I can hear them!

p.s. I've lost my babel-fish... what does "seja bem-vinda" mean? :)

emily said...

it means, "welcome!" :)
ps. if you need a new babel-fish, just let me know! i know a guy who knows a guy, if you know what i mean... ;)