Friday, March 5

the jury (YOU) is in!...

opening statement:
today i come before the court to put forth my curious case
and ask for a sound judgement.

the debate:
is there an unseen mechanism that cycles my dating life
or am i just crazy?

the plea:
i seem to live in a precisely timed pattern of
feast and famine
in relation to men
(and i really dont think im crazy)!

the facts:
1) i'm a fun, spunky, pleasant, charming, hilarious, easy-going, easily-entertained, open, flirtatious, honest, driven, musical, and pretty much AWESOME girl!
2) my awesomness and ME-ness is unchangeable.
3) despite popular belief, there ARE lots of great men out there, no matter where you are.
4) wherever i am, i always look for great men to befriend.
5) each period, be it feast or famine, lasts roughly a semester.
6) feasting periods constist of being surrounded by lots of interestING and interestED men and, in two instances within the timeline given below, leading to an official relationship.
7) famine periods are the complete opposite. in every way.

the evidence:
(aka: timeline since i returned from my mission)
fall 06 - feast
winter 07 - feast
summer 07 - famine
fall 07 - feast
winter 08 - famine
summer 08 - mixed
fall 08 - feast
winter 09 - famine
summer 09 - feast (in brazil)
fall 09 - famine
winter 10 - feast

*exceptions to note:
- back-to-back periods of feasting immediately following my mission are attributed to the 1.5 YEARS of famine experienced in brazil.
- summer of 08 was an abnormally evenly eventful summer. no diagnostics as to why yet.
- feast of summer 09 in brazil was my internship, not something related to my mission...just in case you were wondering :)

really, take a look - the pattern is scarily consistent!

for the record:
i am not, in any way, intending to complain -
i have an adventurous, fun, happy life
whether feasting or famine-ing
and im grateful for the periods of feast that i enjoy
as well as all the wonderful men who are a part of it!

the real issue in question is whether this mechanical-esque trend is normal or not.

closing remarks:
i beg the judge and jury to consider my case and ask themselves,
really, is this normal??
if a girl in consistently wonderful, and it has been proven that her wonderfulness is appealing to men, shouldn't it logically follow that her appeal to men should be consistent as well?
and if so, can we assume there is a higher force at play causing these fluxuations in my dating life!?


what is your verdict?

5 comments:

Jerica Bree said...

BAHAHAHA I LOVE IT!!! I believe the same goes for me, Except mine are months at a time. And instead of Feast and Famine, it's like a period of when i'm not into guys, but interestING ones like me. and then a period when i am interestED in guys, yet none of them seem to realize my existence. haha ahhh such is life my friend :)

B said...

Ha ha ha... Um... I love it!!! A feast and a famine of men, only you could pull off this post :) I think it's your choice to be perfectly honest. And that's not a bad thing. You could always be surrounded by men and technically be in a "feast" but you are choosey and that's a GOOD thing, so instead of choosing to be surrounded by guys who may be less than what you are hoping for, you opt to go through cycles by keeping your standards high. (At least I think... I could just be rambling at this point!) BUT as to if it's normal or not, what is normal? My dating life was very different than my sister's, my friends' and my roommates'... so I don't think there IS a normal. I think you just have to keep plugging along and realize that you ARE wonderful and that eventually you will be feasting again ;)

Kimberly Moore said...

If there wasn't a time of "famine" you'd never get your homework done, and God wants you to graduate. ;)

As these feasts seem to happen once a year, maybe it's like farming. You plant your seeds (i.e. flirt), you nourish them (i.e. go to parties, bat your eyelashes, etc), and then for once season a year you bring in the harvest, so to speak.

It can't always be harvest time or first of all, I'd never see you, and second, it wouldn't feel so flattering if you were used to chasing droves of boys off with a stick all the time just to get some homework done. I guess everything must have its opposite so we appreciate it more. If you never knew hunger, you wouldn't enjoy the feast!

shellangel said...

I would like to postulate a theory about the mixed summer of '08, i believe that it was because we were having so much fun that its hard to decide whether or not the fun was directly related to boys or not. An adjuct to this theory is that i so involved you in my own guy dramas, that i added to your load of boy/girl drama scenes. Just some thoughts though. I love Kim theory about the homework. I also think we need those times so we can remember how awesome we are without boys attention as well as with it. And I pretty much just think you are amazing. I loved this post!!

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

I consider myself not even near the realm of experienced enough to weigh in here. I just want to say that I dearly love you and this blog. I am so glad you switched over!! :)