Tuesday, November 17

direct proportions

it's getting colder,
and that's bad news for people on the roads.

i don't say that because it's going to get snowy or icy.

i say that because my car's heating system
(in my shnazzy, stylish 1990 honda accord, complete with moon-roof!)
is directly linked to my speedometer.

yes, the speedometer.

...so!...

the slower i go, the colder the air blasting in my face,
the f a s t e r i go, the TOASTIER it gets! :D

...i'm sure it doesn't take much imagination to figure out the problems with such an arrangement.

worst of all, i don't feel bad at all for my behavior! :)

i know everyone thinks i should -

i see those exact-speed-limit-drivers glare at me in contempt as i go speeding past them on frigid winter mornings.
they think i'm being reckless.
they think i'm a rebel with no regard for rules!
what they don't know is that i'm simply ensuring my own survival - and i see no law against that.

(...they also probably don't know is that utah has a flexible speed law...but let's not split hairs here...)

tis the season to be speeding! ;)

No comments: