Tuesday, November 10

the fellow finger-freak

walking to art history today awarded me a special treat - a chance encounter with someone who shares one of my strangest quirks!

it was as we reached the cross in the fateful BYU sidewalks that i saw him, and the world did that sudden slo-mo-moment thing. everything seemed to stop for a second so i could take it all in - not his suave short looks, alpaca man-purse, or his granola sandals - but something else.

it was that slightly out-of-focus look on his face - the one i get when i have a song or a rythm running relentlessly through my head - that made me pause. i glanced downward and THEN I SAW IT!

perfectly in sync with the timing of his steps, his FINGERS WERE TAPPING OUT A SONG ON HIS THUMB!! if you don't do it yourself, i doubt you would understand what that means, but for people like me, it meants we aren't alone in our unconscious obsession. :)

thank you, granola-alpaca-guy. you totally made my day.

and in the words of michael, "you are not alone."

No comments: