Monday, November 16

forbidden words


we've all heard them.
they're words we hear in our every-day lives.
we've all shuddered (or watched someone shudder)
to think something
SO OBSCENE
would dare to be uttered!...

at least, those of us with the kinds of issues that run in my family.


and no, i'm not talking about jarring words like "crap," fetch," or "pee"
(although my mother would love to legally do away with all of those...),
or swear words.


no.

i'm talking about words that are far worse.
the ones that are the fingernails on the chalkboard of your soul.

words like:

"hutch"
"piddle"
"baggie"
"pantyhose"
"tinkle"
"dollop"
"moist"


and my family's most recent aquisition?

"grunties."



**OBS: we are not collectively offended by all of the terms listed above.
each one specifically harrows the soul of one
particular member of my family.**




4 comments:

Unknown said...

A lot of those words are on my list too. The worst for me is...tenderloin. I love to eat it, but I try not to ever say it.

emily said...

you have been endeared to my heart 3x over after reading that :)

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

Is your family member aware that half of those words are not actually words. . . just wondering! :)

brenda said...

i kind of love you right now, i'm not gonna lie. "piddle." ahahahahahahahahaha!